Green Smoothie: SOP

POSTED ON: Monday, April 11, 2011 @ 6:23 PM | 0 comments

For my first green smoothie I used organic baby spinach that I found at walmart. I used canned not fresh pineapples because I didnt want to look for the fresh kind in the store. IT was way too many ppl in there. So I used a small can about 8 ounces and I used 2 cups of OJ. I used my new elite blender to blend it and it came out to anywhere between 24-36 ounces. It made a lot and I was surprised by that. It did take me like at least...um, five minutes to sip it. I mean spinach, pineapples and oj...... doesn't sound good but it actually was ok. I could have over done it on the oj I dont know but that and a nice small salad would have satisfied me. I am excited because I have a whole bundle of banana's and I want to go get some kale to try it with. This green smoothie thing may just be for me after all. Recipe and pics below.

Two handfuls of baby spinach (rinse)
1 cup of pineapples (drained or not your choice)
1.5 cups of orange juice
*blend well 2min minimum*


Side note, I'm going to make another batch before i go to bed and put it in two bottles freeze one and put the other one in the fridge. That way I can sip the one that isn't frozen for breakfast and by the time the other one thaws out sip it if i get hungry in between meals tomorrow. That's the plan....now lets see how well it works.

*will post pics later.
← Older / ♥ back up ♥ / Newer →
Oh, my dear...